Another knitting project finished..and another cast on!

This is the end result of the summer cover-up made from my oddments bag…

Image

It does look better on. I will post a pic of me wearing it asap. It has been really cold here – not the weather for linen pants and tees!

Image

I made it in a mix of stripes but always keeping the main few stripes across the front. The back is exactly like the left front.

Image

The buttons were from a vintage M & S sweater I binned a while ago. I sewed them on with green cotton in a cross just for a change.

Image

I did the left front band in pink to match the buttons. All in all I am pleased with this addition to my lounging in the garden wardrobe.

My next project has already been started. A Marion Foale cardigan in 4 ply yarn (I had some pure wool coned yarn bought from a charity shop a while ago). It is in a basket weave pattern and beautifully darted. I intend to make it without pockets as I only stuff them with tissues and pull them out of shape!

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s